Here we list the history of changes in remo across the various releases.
Coming up in the next releases¶
This is what we plan to work on next. If you have any feedback or preference, we would love to hear them in our support forum.
1. Improved dataset experience
- list view for images details and folders to organise your images
- option to download datasets and export list of Classes
2. Increase supported Computer Vision tasks
3. Faster processing
v0.4.24 - 18 Sep 20¶
This release contains fixes to our notification system.
- Cancel on the upload sessions persisted on the view after being closed.
- When starting an upload, there was a case when the upload statistics arent displayed and the page is cropped from the top.
v0.4.23 - 16 Sep 20¶
In this release, we are adding persistance of active upload sessions and a shortcut to delete objects in the annotation tool (thanks to user Om for the feedback).
- On annotation tool, you can now use the Delete or Backspace key to delete the selected annotation object, without a Delete confirmation form
- We are improving the notification system experience. Notifications are now persistent, so you will not lose any of active upload session details in case you close the tab or reload the page. And you will be able to watch status of all active uploads
- In case of failure to access our online demo, we have added a fail-safe view that allows you to access the demo with a button click
- On dataset view, classes and tags from different annotation sets now have colours matching that of the corresponding annotation set
- Dropdown to select annotation sets was overflowing from the page
v0.4.20 - 4 Sep 20¶
Releasing some minor UI optimization.
v0.4.19 - 2 Sep 20¶
Adding a tutorial for Object Detection in PyTorch, and fixing a bug that prompted the user for login in browser
- Added PyTorch Object Detection tutorial
- Bug fix: login issue
v0.4.18 - 28 Aug 20¶
We are moving the discuss forum to discuss.remo.ai and doing some small optimization.
- Added keyboard left/right navigation on Image view
- Optimized screen for Create annotation set page
- Fixed issue where Remo would lose connection to the db when laptop went in sleep or hibernate mode
- Fixed some UI issues around display of boxes, labels and tags on Image view and dataset page
v0.4.17 - 24 Aug 20¶
Quite a big release, as we are introducing a number of improvements and features. We are now supporting Remo on Google Colab, we are showing how to integrate Remo with PyTorch, and we are further improving on the Datasets upload and browsing experience.
Features and Improvements
- Remo on Google Colab: now you can embed and run Remo entirely on Colab servers, including backing up data on GDrive.
- Remo allows upload of annotations with file paths in the filename
- Remo-python: we improved on the library and added a PyTorch image classification tutorial
- Faster upload of tags: according to our benchmarking, it has come down from 25s to 3.5s for 1k tags
- Adding upload data status: we are now showing ETA and progress % while uploading data.
- Introducing a sticky header inside a Dataset, to change filters and image size while scrolling down on the dataset
- Optimized layout for smaller screens (including Colab and Jupyter Notebook)
- Reframed the feedback modal, with more focus on feature request
- UI on upload data: we added a file picker to link local data on Electron view
- In case of notebooks, the "add data" button was missing on dataset view
v0.4.16 - 07 Aug 20¶
In this release, we did some optimization around search filters and annotations saving. We are also introducing a visual display for tags in dataset view.
- Faster saving of annotations
- Faster dropdown menus in dataset filters (executing on the backend now)
- Visualizing tags in dataset view
- Pop up asking for confirmation when deleting an annotation object
v0.4.15 - 31 Jul 20¶
We are introducing filters in datasets. You can filter by class, tag, image names and task. You will also be able to carry over the filters to image view.
- Dataset filters: filter by class, tag, image names and task
- Tags can now be exported as a separate csv file
- Duplicating a dataset resulted in some naming conflicts
- Issues with uploading tags from the Python library
v0.4.14 - 24 Jul 20¶
Another round of small incremental improvements:
- Based on user feedback, we are not allowing to have multiple datasets with the same name (if upgrading remo, existing dataset with duplicated name will be renamed)
- Some UI fixes: improvement to object pop up in annotation tool, better handling of long annotation set names inside a Dataset, more explicit loading behaviour when remo is loading a large set of annotations
v0.4.13 - 20 Jul 20¶
Two main changes in this release:
- Fixing a bug we introduced in a recent release - some times new annotations were not saved properly if you were quickly drawing annotations and changing images
- Renaming remo-sdk to remo-python
v0.4.12 - 17 Jul 20¶
In this release we worked on some improvements to the annotation experience and implemented a warning notification when adding duplicate images.
- Design tweaks on the classes and object menus of Image View and Annotation tool
- Annotation tool: not allowing to create objects without class
- Images uploading: Warning notification when uploading a duplicated image within a dataset
- Increased test coverage on the Front End and Backend
v0.4.9 - 9 Jul 20¶
We are improving on the search experience from within an image, fixed some issues around PostgreSQL installation and did some minor UX improvements.
We can now search by filename and we have an autocomplete menu to speed up the search.
- Image View filters: search by filename and autocomplete for faster filtering
- Datasets: made it easier to export annotations, responding to users feedback
- Annotation tool: redesigned the On Hold / To Do button
- Postgres-10 install failed on ubuntu 20.04 as reported by user Marco
- Remo init failed on Mac with different existing version of Postgres installed
- Remo init failed when a previous config file was present and corrupted
- Remo creates new tables in dataset with local user role instead of remo role
v0.4.8 - 28 Jun 20¶
- Fixed postgres installation issue
v0.4.7 - 26 Jun 20¶
Most of the work on this release has been around annotations upload and export. We are adding the ability to upload and export tags, and some nice convenience functions for annotation exporting.
ability to add and export tags
export annotations: functionality to include or exclude images with no annotations
export annotations: option to append paths to filenames
more clear counting on annotation statistics in Annotations Tab: now displaying annotated as the count of images actual having annotations
removing truncation for long filename on dataset page
v0.4.5 - 19 Jun 20¶
We are introducing a check for the latest version on command line, particularly useful given we are iterating quite fast.
We also fixed some small reported bugs:
installation issues with PostgresSQL on Windows
installation script to use pip3 instead of pip when python 2 is installed
sort by TODO in annotation page occasionally not working
v0.4.4 - 09 Jun 20¶
Cosmetic changes to address links behaviour and formatting in documentation and discuss forum
v0.4.3 - 04 Jun 20¶
Some small changes:
- Fixed bug with upload folder when using electron
- Added license page
v0.4.2 - 03 Jun 20¶
Some quick fixes post the bigger release:
- CSS on loading bar
- demo access occasional login fail
- handling of tags: now it's case insensitive
v0.4.1 - 29 May 20¶
Most of the work has been about introducing a notification system to inform on progress for images and annotation uploading and parsing, including a detailed breakdown of any error. Nothing fancy, but a great improvement to reliability of the app.
We also expanded the Command Line Interface, allowing for more options (such as kill remo, delete datasets), and simplified the connection between the sdk and the remo server.
For the rest, we completed a series of smaller UX-driven changes to improve usability (including showing selected annotation sizes) and fixed few reported bugs.
- Delete all images from dataset causes error
- Delete an image and re-upload it: should be allowed
- Up-to-date count of images after fast deleting
- Fix download latest available electron app
- Notification system for data upload. You can now monitor the upload of data and get a breakdown of errors that occur.
- Expanded Command Line Interface suit of options
- SDK: rework the connection with remo app and introduce clear option to connect to a remote remo server. "import remo" in conda now does not launch the server
- Annotation tool, delete object: ask for confirmation
- Image view and Annotation tool - objects height and width information
v0.3.42 - 19 May 20¶
Quick fix to handle directories with space within their name
- Edited installation scripts to handle folder names containing a space e.g. 'C:/remo ai/script'
v0.3.41 - 8 May 20¶
Switched to PostgresSQL for database management, instead of SQLlite. This makes the whole app more responsive and reliable. For the rest, we implemented a number of small fixes aimed at making making remo more robust
- Fixed annotation statistics inconsistencies for image classification
- Fixed sending feedback form
- Fixed autologin in browser, and in electron after user changes password
- Fixed rename annotation set
- Fixed export annotation form - missing annotation set name
- Fixed Windows installation in conda env - pip failed to install package
- Fixed duplicate annotation objects
- Added support for PostgresSQL as main database
- Improved duplicate annotation set flow
- After annotations uploaded - images marked as annotated
- Improved create annotation set flow
- Improved save annotations behaviour
- Improved data uploading and parsing - moved it to a separate process, which allows to use remo while long uploads are in progress
- Added ability to bulk delete annotations for an image in annotation tool
- Added ability to mark image as TODO in annotation tool
- Improved description of installation steps. Also we are now asking user for explicit permission to install PostgresSQL and additional packages